The 6-week Low Carb Challenge has been running as a quarterly online program since October 2017. To date 475 individuals have participated in this program
The aim of the program is to give people the education, tools, resources, support and practical day-to-day know how to successfully implement a low carb lifestyle and thereby live a longer, healthier life.
This aim is achieved through strategic delivery of information using a variety of tools and mediums. Information is “drip-fed” so that participants feel comfortable and confident at all times during the transition period.
Specifically the program consists of the following:
Getting prepared: A 2-week ‘lead-in’ period aimed at getting participants prepared in all areas including:
- Short presentations explaining the science and evidence that is available to support this lifestyle change
- Guidelines and video example demonstrations for cleaning out unwanted products and foods in the pantry and fridge
- Shopping lists
- Tools and information in regards to measuring and assessing current health
Workshops – 4 x 1 hour Live workshops streamed online allowing for an interactive environment
- Workshop 1: A step by step how to guide on getting started with LCHF and intermittent fasting
- Workshop 2: Delving deeper into the macronutrient, fat
- Workshop 3: Intermittent fasting protocols and the macronutrient, protein
- Workshop 4: Establishing low carb as a sustainable ongoing lifestyle choice
The first workshop is delivered at the start of the program and then subsequent workshops fortnightly thereafter. Content is intended to build from one workshop to the next, with the aim of “drip feeding” information to participants whilst avoiding overwhelm and confusion. Each workshop has practical information that can be applied immediately.
Resources delivered at strategic intervals throughout the 6 week program aimed at reinforcing what is presented during the workshops and allowing participants to make quick, easy decisions about food choices. These resources include:
- Food quick reference guides
- Guidelines for the initial stages of implementing LCHF
- Expectations for the initial stages of LCHF
- Hundreds of recipes and meal ideas
- Protein ready reckoner and an essential protein guide
- Fasting protocols
- Fat quick reference guide
- Guidelines for continuing LCHF as a lifestyle
- Summaries of all expert interviews
Interviews with Experts including LCHF doctors, advocates, mindset coaches, chefs, dietitians and exercise professionals
Live online interactive Q&A sessions
Access to a private online forum for discussion, sharing, questions and support
Set weekly tasks to ensure all participants are actively involved throughout the program
Ongoing support offered at the end of the 6 week program (in the form of a Lifestyle Program) to assist in further establishing LCHF and ensuring it is maintained for the long term
About the Participants
During the course of running the 6-week Low Carb Challenge, we have collected data regarding the participants. This information has been collected through a self-reported questionnaire completed by participants at the commencement of the Challenge and again at the end. The results of this questionnaire are demonstrated below. The first three images give us an indication of the type of individual that is participating in the challenge i.e. demographics.
Please click on the images individually to view in detail